Monday, March 03, 2008

Still Improving!

Things are still improving. Today has been a very good day, probably so far the best yet. A big sign of this is that most of the time I'm thinking about other things rather than about how I'm feeling! Before, even on good days, I'd still be aware of how I was feeling, but today I feel the most normal yet.

Another sign of this is that today, for the first time, time hasn't been going slowly, just at normal speed, and I'm not looking at the clock all the time! Praise God! Also, I've been sleeping through the night most nights now, or just waking up very briefly and going right back to sleep without needing a third sedative!

We were up at 6:00 today. Tim left for work as usual around 7:15. I got devotions done and a little nap before needing to get the kids breakfast. I've gotten a lot done today, tried to be really disciplined and stick to basics and not put off essentials that need doing. When I saw the water filter flashing that it needed its monthly change, I washed it and changed the filter right away, the dishwasher was unloaded as soon as it was done, etc. It was a little bit of an effort at first but soon I was on a roll & found it enormously satisfying. :)

Last Saturday we went to the garden centre, I planted purple and yellow pansies in my hanging basket, and I planted lots of spring bulbs by the back hedge. Lots done!

I still have flu symptoms appearing now and then - sore throat, achey head & neck, and prone to tiredness, some days more than others. Apparently this flu can go on for months! I just keep taking paracetamol (Tylenol) when I need to, which is usually at least twice a day...

Now I need to go get dinner! I don't want to break my stretch of having dinners ready as soon as Tim arrives home! Usually he gets in around 5:00. It's sausages tonight!

3 comments:

IF said...

Hi Mary, That sounds great! I am so happy that things are improving. Isn't it funny how all of the medicines in Europe like tylonal have a different name! I am discovering those things out slowly too. :)

Anonymous said...

Good to hear that things are improving! I do find it interesting that your improvement seems to go along with the increase in light.

Are the crocus and daffodils blooming over there? We seem to have some crocus bulbs in our garden here, which is very exciting. I can't wait for them to bloom. I love bulbs.

We had some lovely, spring-like weather here this weekend, though it's gone back down into the 50's, yesterday was almost 70. It was lovely.

Last week was pretty stressful as the sink fell out of the kitchen and after it was fixed everyone is trying to blame us when it was just badly installed. We've reached a detente with the landlady, but not peace.

Anyway, I must run. Hope you have a great day tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary!
Glad you are starting to feel better! Isaiah told me on Tuesday that every day you are feeling a bit better! I am so pleased.