Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Continuing to Improve!

Just a quick note... the flu has come back to me as of last Saturday (thankfully everyone else is fine) so I will probably need to go back to bed soon, but I wanted to write and say that my mood continues to improve. My last truly difficult day was last Wednesday, but this month's worse days haven't been as bad as January's bad ones. The other days have been mild (sort of murky) with some good periods, except for the sunny Lord's Day which was my best day yet!! I was able to make it out to BOTH services for the first time in ages, despite the flu.

Then yesterday (Monday) I was a lot more tired and had to rest a lot. I'm hoping for a bit more energy today, even just enough to get caught up on the ironing (while it's still a small pile!) and do homeschool! Maybe some of the homeschool in bed if needed!!

Last Saturday we started tidying the attic. Tim did most of the manual work but I was still able to help sort things despite the flu, and we got a huge space cleared! The Saturday before that we did a lot of gardening & it was a lovely sunny day & I felt great mood-wise most of the day. Last Tuesday, another sunny day, was also a very good day in terms of mood and energy and I got lots done around the house! May these good days come more and more, in God's mercy!

I've been on progesterone cream still. My cycle is still very abnormal but I see Jan de Vries on Wed. morning, God willing, and hopefully he'll have some ideas!

Today's very cloudy and windy with occasional blue sky, but though tired my mood is pretty good so far (it's 8:20 a.m. now). Tomorrow and Thursday are supposed to be sunny, however! I hope!

Now to get the boys' breakfast - they're up!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary!

It's good to see you blogging again! :) I hope you get better from the flu soon. If you are having abnormal periods, you might want to take a low hormone birth control. I am on microgestin FE, and I have not had any problems. My period is very light and last 4 days! It hasn't made me moody. You can ask Paul. He would know best. ;) My period was really irregular before starting, but now it is great. However, it could just work well with me, everyone is different.

It was great seeing your blog! I am very glad that you are doing better! Take care!

Love,
Holly

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you've got the flu, but I'm glad that overall you're doing better.

Have you ever read anything by Michael Eades? He blogs here: http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/

I am reading "Protein Power"and one thing they recommend is sunbathing, year round! Not sure how to work that in Ireland in the winter, since the sun is so weak, but I bet that if you could stand lying outside in a bikini on a sunny day it would be good for you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary!
I hope this week goes well for you, and that you are feeling better. I know I haven't had much of a chance to talk to you lately, but I think of you a lot.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing, Holly! Sorry I didn't get back sooner. I'm hoping the bio-identical progesterone I'm on will help sort out my cycle. I'm not keen on synthetic hormones, or anything with estrogen in it.

Hope you're doing okay with Paul off in India!

Lots of love,
Mary