Friday, August 20, 2010

It's Friday!!!

It's a sunny, breezy Friday! The kids are playing outside. Tim's home for his half day. I've got all my basic daily chores done for the week. I've been working on been more organized and diligent with chores and homeschool and everything, making a basic-chores daily schedule to get the vacuuming, dusting, mopping, cleaning and ironing covered, then each day I do 15-30 minutes of a more detailed cleaning in a different "zone" every week (got the idea from flylady.com).

When I feel like procrastinating, I tell myself, "It's the RIGHT thing to do, so you're going to do it right now!" Then I march to do it. :) Unless of course I'm too tired, but I try and make sure I really am too tired. :)

Please pray for Elizabeth (6). She's been having irrational anxious feelings lately. A herbal children's tonic with St. John's Wort has been reducing the severity, but it's still not easy for her or me. She is also having a harder time sleeping, waking up every night with bad dreams. This is wearing her and me out!!

I am still trying to improve my fibromyalgia, trying new supplements/therapies every so often. L-carnitine seems to help me have more energy and clearer thinking. I am getting vitamin D testing done soon, God willing, as I suspect I'm low. Normalising vitamin D levels can help with a lot of chronic diseases, apparently. :)

Okay, I've had my rest, now time to go and finish mowing the back lawn!! :D

2 comments:

Rose said...

Mary - so sorry to hear about Elizabeth! Does she pray much? I remember my mom praying with me when I was a little girl and had bad dreams, and it would always help me go back to sleep. And of course, now, I've been able to notice patterns (don't eat ice cream before bed or you'll have vivid dreams) - do you watch for those with her? Tell her your friend from the states is praying for her :) Love you!

Anonymous said...

She does pray a fair bit, and I pray a lot with her. Because the anxiety is so irrational, it's hard for her to calm down unless I give her herbal calming drops. I think the anxiety is causing the bad dreams. The sad thing is, it's so like what I've been through many times and it hurts to see her going through that. I'll look out to see if there are any patterns - she's been having them every night for several weeks!! Thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers Rose!!! Love you!!