Thursday, December 04, 2008

Peter Sick

3:00 p.m. - Poor Peter got sick yesterday with a tummy bug. Thankfully no vomiting (my kids rarely vomit) but nausea, tiredness, and low appetite. However, he has improved a bit today. I think that's what Isaiah had last weekend as he had no appetite then. Only Elizabeth has escaped any sicknesses the past few months!

Elizabeth was so funny just now. While eating her tomato soup, she asked, "What does tomato soup taste like, Mommy?" haha. I said she was the best judge of that as she was currently eating it!!

Isaiah has been writing one verse a day in his notebook of the Wordsworth "Daffodils" poem. I love that poem. Whenever I read the last two lines, "And then my heart with pleasure fills, And dances with the daffodils," I get chills of pleasure down my spine. :) I just love well-written poetry.

I felt fairly good during the day yesterday but then felt very tired in the evening so had to sleep then rest for hours. Today I'm more tired overall with mild achiness. My chest hurts mildly to breath - sort of feels bruised & battered.

5:15 p.m. - I managed to get done lots of ironing as Isaiah read some schoolbooks on the phone to his Grandmom Seufert (my mom)! Hurray! I'm pretty tired now but it was a relief to get that done.

Now for dinner. Tim is to come home later than usual tonight around 5:45. It gets dark about 4:15 nowadays. At least soon the days should start getting longer again! And Tim has about 10 days off for the holidays in just about 3 weeks!

2 comments:

Isabel said...

Hello! How's Peter? Hope it was nothing more than a 24 hr bug!

As to your comment, you're absolutely right! He hasn't got the FAINTEST idea of what waiting is!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Isabel! He's still sick but improving. Isaiah and Elizabeth are still sick too. They're all tired with little appetite, poor things.