2:30 p.m. -- Right now it's bucketing rain (ha! yet another term describing rain!) but this morning was nice & sunny. Yesterday was sunny most of the day. So at least we're getting some more sun lately! It is so good to see the blue sky and feel the sun, I've never appreciated it so much!
I do like it when it rains heavily like this. The sound is so soothing and somehow exciting too! Usually when it rains here it is a light rain, so when we get heavier rain it's a treat. :) We rarely get thunder or lightning, so whenever we do the kids get really excited! Me too! ;)
I felt exhausted on the Lord's Day so sadly wasn't up to going to church morning or evening. Isaiah stayed home with me in the evening as I was feeling lonely. Dear little guy. He was very happy to stay with his Mommy. He read a comic-style book called "God's Doctor" beside me as I rested in bed.
The kids have a collection of "Lord's Day books" ranging from easy readers to bigger books. They also have Bible games, coloring books, puzzles, and activity books to do on the Lord's Day. It makes it special for them and gives them lots to do! :)
Yesterday (Monday) I had lots of energy. As it was dry out, I was able to mow the lawn! Hurray! I also did some much-needed weeding in the front garden and swept around the front door mat.
Last night I didn't sleep very well so had to nap this morning. But still, I've gotten done devotions, dishwasher, Math with the boys, lots of ironing, laundry and vision exercises.
The vision exercises continue to excite me. My vision seems to improve a little each time. That big "E" across the room is definitely becoming a little clearer...
Our shower curtain has developed mold so after researching the best way to naturally clean it, I've put it in the washing machine with a cup of white vinegar. Okay, now it's just finished. Hurray! Mold half-way gone! Now to do another wash with a triple-whammy of ingredients: vinegar, a little dash of tea tree oil (an even stronger mold killer), and sprinkles of baking soda. (The curtain label said no detergent.) I hope this kills all of it!
A lady just phoned from Harry Corry and said that the curtain we wanted is no longer available. What a disappointment. We wanted the dining room one to match the lovely living room curtain when (God willing) we get the wall between the rooms knocked down. Now we're not sure what to do!
Elizabeth comes up with such cute things. She said recently, "Yeah, because I'm your darling girl!" when I said something like, "I love having you with me!" She recently likes to hug me tight and say, "Oh, Mommy, I want to hug you and mug you and nug you!" She's got the rhyming down, which can vary a bit each time! ;)
Now to go and get some calling done to find recommendations for good builders. The building work we need done is: wall knocked down (as long as it's not a supporting wall!), fireplace in living room removed (the old 70's-style one), dining room door blocked up, and possibly the fireplace in the dining room moved into the living room area. Exciting but lots of work!
We also need the central heating replaced so I'm trying to find several recommendations for that, too.
Hope everyone has a super day!
Tuesday, September 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Hey Mary, glad to hear that you were able to get out into the sun yesterday! I bet it feels good to get some gardening done.
We went down to Brittas Bay yesterday, which was lovely. It was great to get out of the house on such a nice day. Unfortunately, I didn't nurse the baby enough, and I ended up with a clogged duct and had a fever and chills by nightfall. I've been up and down today.
Sounds like a lot of work you're thinking about doing! It would be so nice to have a bigger space, I'm sure. I find with homeschooling that I like having one big open space best. The more oversight I have of everyone, the better!
Hey, Danielle! Oh, yes, SO good to get out in the garden. That's what I missed most this wet summer - spending time out in my garden and enjoying my plants.
Tim says he likes Brittas Bay too! His Auntie Ruth lives just south of Dublin so he's had opportunity to go there on visits.
Ouch! Poor you! I hope you're feeling much better today!
Oh, yes, I'm excited about the bigger space! I just hope we can somehow find those curtains... I want to check e-bay this morning just in case!
It's raining here this morning but hope it's better down your way.
Is Kevin back?
Hope you have a great day!
Mary
Hello Mary, it's nice to go out and about in the sun (once in a while) for me I am always trying to stay indoors whilst the sun is out there and the temperature is still high!! Hope you find some good team of builders. good luck for your search .
Hey, Dina! I don't like hot sticky weather either. Here it's usually just a pleasant gentle warmth when the sun comes out, not really hot. Once in a while it almost feels hot, but not hot enough for air-conditioning (the house stays cool) and not sticky. I grew up in Tennessee where the summers were too hot & sticky for my liking, though as we were near the mountains there was at least a breeze often to help a bit!
So that's why I want the sun to come out more here... it's a NICE heat when it does. :)
Hope you've been getting some more sun this week! So far we've had a little sunshine every day and today was gorgeous. Such a nice change from grey!
Were you able to find your curtains? That must be frustrating, especially since they were only new a year ago. I thought they were so pretty, too.
RYC: Yes, America definitely has the edge on restaurants. Of course, that's one of the reasons Americans are carrying so much extra weight.
Have a good evening!
Well, we did get a BIT of sun yesterday. It was dry all day, which was also something. ;) Glad you had lots of sun!
No, haven't found the curtains yet... it is frustrating... I'm trying different ideas. May God have mercy on us in this little area of life!!
Yeah, and the fact that in America they give such BIG servings of everything. And generally walk less. It's really sad to see so many obese people there. And it's increasing here too.
Hope you have a great, sunny day! :)
Post a Comment