Thursday, July 31, 2008

Improved!

Today I have felt much improved, praise God! I have had lots of energy and my stomach hasn't hurt very much. My elbow & heel still hurt but not as bad. I got to bed early last night so maybe that helped.

I suspended homeschool today and tackled the boys' room. First we moved all the toys except Legos out into the hall to take up to the attic temporarily. When Peter finishes making up all his Lego cars, boats, etc., then we plan to bring the toys in the attic back down and see what the boys want to keep and what should go to charity or E-bay. (We've left some toys in the living room.)

Then Tim & I cleared out old car seats, strollers, and other large child's items from the attic. I had some sentimental pangs getting rid of some of them, memories rushed back... but we desperately need room in the attic and it felt good to clear out! There are still boxes & bags to go through but a LOT more space and enough room to bring the boys' toys up.

Isaiah helped me bring the toys up to the attic (he's such an eager little helper and rejoices to see things getting tidy! :) while Tim drove the carseats, etc. to a charity with Peter.

Then I got an easy dinner... whew! Praise God I had the energy for all that! I should rest more tonight, in case I overdo things and crash tomorrow!

Tim had some more blood tests done this morning (fasting). He is feeling so much better that I think he plans to go back to work tomorrow. Praise God!

Elizabeth is calling up the stairs, "Guys, listen to me!" in a very commanding voice. Little Miss Bossy! The boys are racing around upstairs and ignoring her, although many times they do humor her. Now she's running after them yelling, "Guys, come here!"

Okay, now Isaiah wants me to play "The Entertainer" on the piano. He loves that piece and dances around to it. :) I'd better go and comply!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that was a lot of work! I bet it feels good to have it done though.

Glad to hear that both you and Tim are doing better. Hope you stay well!

Dina said...

hi mary, so glad you r feeling better. In answer to your question, I would like to live somewhere in northern europe. however finding jobs is not as easy as it looks.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! It's so great to clean up. I love that feeling. Every once in a while all of us go through all of our things and see if there's anything we don't need. Such a nice clean feeling!

I hope you all continue to stay well. Praise God you're doing better!! Mom, lately, hasn't been feeling too well.

Elizabeth is so adorable. She can be Miss Bossy sometimes, can't she? ;] I miss you all soooo much!!! Love you!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Danielle!

Yeah, it was so much work - a bit tedious at times but not too bad. Whenever I have energy I enjoy getting things done! I was so glad to get those things out of the attic, I enjoyed the process as well as the end result! :)

I'm still up and down, but I think the ups are coming more often. Today was a tired/nausea day. I think both are hormonal today. But I just try to be patient, rest and keep up with basics on those days!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Dina! Northern Europe would be neat. I want to visit German Bavaria sometime, it's where some of my ancestors came from & so pretty. We went to Austria on our honeymoon. I loved it there, particularly Salzburg and the Alps! Gorgeous!!

I hope you can find a really good job where you would most like to live! :)

Today I'm tired but yesterday I felt good as well. So maybe the good days will increase more & more...

Take care, have a great weekend!
Mary

Anonymous said...

Hey, Deborah! Yeah, I LOVE cleaning out and organizing. It's much more fun than simple cleaning, hehe. I love seeing a nice big difference when I'm done all the work! :)

I'm praying lots for Mom. I hope her heart improves soon!

Yeah, she's Miss Bossy but SOOOOO cute while she bosses! ;)

Miss you & love you tons too!

Mary