Monday, June 30, 2008

WE'RE BACK!!!

12:00 p.m. - We're back from England! Arrived in late Saturday night, just enough time to hit the store for essential groceries.. unloaded the car, found some essentials for bed in our suitcases and soon afterwards hit the sack!

Saturday I had a queasy stomach most of the all-day drive through England & southern Scotland to the Scottish ferry, and then vomited in the middle of the night - yuck!

Yesterday we didn't have the strength to go to church & I had to sleep a lot of the day, thankfully didn't throw up again and was able to eat but still felt a bit messed up inside. Today I've been VERY tired, and a bit discouraged looking around the house seeing how messy it is and how much there is to put away, but feeling no energy to do it and still a bit queasy!

I have had mixed emotions in general about being home. Yesterday I was very happy to be back, in my own dear familiar home, but today everything seems so much more cluttered than it was in the little cottage in England, and Tim's back to work, and so I'm feeling a bit of that back-to-normal-life anti-climax feeling! I am grateful that overall it was a VERY nice two weeks, and I hope to write more about it soon!! With pictures! :)

10 comments:

Hollydays said...

aww.. sorry you got so sick on your way home. I hope you start feeling better soon!

I'm sure you do have a lot of cleaning after being gone for 2 weeks. Just being gone for 1 weeks, there is always a ton of laundry and clothes to put away. I'm sure you can get it all done over the next few days. Don't try to tackle it all in one day. :)

I'm looking forward to reading about your trip! :)

Love,
Holly

IF said...

Sorry you were sick. That is no fun at all! I am so happy you are back! your comments on my blog always cheer me up!! I love reading them. I can only imagine with 3 little ones the amount of cleaning you have to do is unreal. It is always so rough the first few days we come back, stocking up on food again, etc. I hope you are doing really good!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Holly! I am feeling much improved today. I think resting really helps! I got a nap yesterday, and two out of three suitcases unpacked, and a shower, and a laundry load in... that all made me feel SO much better!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, Ivy, I love being back in touch again!! That is so sweet, I'm glad I can cheer you up! :) Thankfully I am feeling much better since a long nap yesterday. My stomach is still mildly queasy now & then, but much improved overall. I had a Tesco grocery order delivered yesterday, which was really nice! I also managed to get two suitcases unpacked, a shower, some tidying, & load of laundry in, so started feeling more alive and enjoying my home more with things looking less messy! I think I'm going to need to nap again today a little, but hopefully I'll keep seeing improvement!

I'm continuing to pray for you lots, I just know God will lead you guys to the best decision as you look to Him! :)

Lots of love, hugs & prayers,
Mary

Anonymous said...

I think that drive to the ferry and then the ferry afterward is really tough. I'm sorry it made you so ill.

Mairead threw up Sunday morning and the rest of us felt blah and queasy Sunday and yesterday. What I can't figure out is how we got sick, since we have had no human contact other than the Tesco delivery guy since we got here! I thought at first maybe it was food poisoning from some leftovers, but it spread to people who didn't have the leftovers.

I hope your house is getting more tidy (like it does it on its own?) and you're feeling better today. I was really grumpy yesterday, but feel a lot more cheerful now!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary! Glad you are back safely, and thank you for the postcard! I'm glad you had a good time, sorry you are having sickies in your house - same here, two down so far with a tummy bug. I'm hoping for no-one else, but I won't hold my breath!

Hollydays said...

We got the postcard! :) What a pretty place! We will have to visit sometime.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Danielle,
It's a tough drive when I'm not feeling well! Now I've been queasy two out of four drives back to the ferry! Coincidence or not?? The first time was definitely a stomach bug as I threw up 3 or 4 times. This one may be a mild stomach bug, I've only thrown up once but have been mildly queasy quite often. Or it could be a weird hormonal thing combined with tiredness... oh, well, whatever it is, I'm trying to rest a lot and hope it gets over with soon as there's so much still to get caught up with around the house!

Aww, sorry to hear you guys were sick as well. Maybe it's the same thing. Well, thankfully no once else seems to have gotten what I've had. May it stay that way!!

Anonymous said...

You're very welcome, Karen. Sorry to hear you've got sickness there too, I hope no one else catches it - no one else here as so far in God's mercy!

Look forward to seeing you when we are over the sicknesses & can get together! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, Holly! Which postcard was that? I sent two. :) But you'll have to come over and see both places, and more... ;) It'd be soooo fun to have a holiday in England with you guys!!