3:50 p.m. -- Sitting an an angle again today! I feel stronger and more stable sitting this way than I did yesterday. I have improved in all sorts of ways today. I can walk a lot easier, and crouch down to pick up light things if I'm careful, and don't have to lay in bed so much. Praise God!
Tim's back to work today but I'm managing fine on my own. It is another gorgeous day. I've done Bible, Sabbath School work and Math with the boys and reading with Isaiah. I want to do reading with Peter now. I've also done laundry and the dishwasher and what general tidying I can do.
I had a nap in the afternoon and now feel energized again. :) I'm planning to iron while Peter reads as I can do that standing up!
I'm enjoying Sense & Sensibility more and more. Now it's hard to put it down. I allow myself a chapter or so now & then for a lovely break... I'm going to have to get Emma soon!
Bye for now!
Tuesday, May 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Glad that you're doing well enough on your own for Tim to go back to work!
I think S&S is my favorite Jane Austen right now because the relationship between Marianne and Col. Brandon is so interesting. I love to imagine conversations between them as I drift off to sleep.
I'm glad you are doing so much better! Emma is the only Jane Austen book I haven't read. I finished all her others. I actually liked her other books better than Pride and Prejudice. I'm weird that way! I started reading Emma a few months ago, but never got around to finishing it. It starts off with more humor than her other books. :)
Hey! - love the new webpage layout!
So glad you're doing better Mary - take care of yourself!
I'm reading Pride and Prejudice again at the mo - must be a Jane Austen time of the year...xxxx
Sorry Mary - that was me! Pauline...x
Hey, Danielle,
I know, it's nice to get things done on my own. :)
Interesting about Marianne & Col. Brandon. I haven't reached that part of the book yet. In the movies not too much was made of their relationship. Now you're just tempting me to read even faster... but I partly don't want to go faster as I don't have Emma yet!
Hey, Holly! After your finals are over, you'll just have to settle back for some pampering time and read Emma! Reward yourself for all that hard work! ;) That's interesting you liked her other books better. That just makes me even more excited to read all of them! (She rubs her hands happily at the idea.)
Hey there, Pauline! It's GREAT to hear from you! How are you all doing? Ha, ha, that's funny you're re-reading P&P right now! And on BBC there's been several Jane Austen-related programs in the last few months... I don't think she will ever go out of fashion! ;)
Lots of love,
Mary
Post a Comment