Friday, May 02, 2008

Bit Improved

2:20 p.m. - I was painful when I woke up today but have improved as the day has gone on, still not able to walk much without hurting but better than yesterday. I got the top rack of the dishwasher loaded for Tim and some plants just outside the back door watered - it was so nice to do SOMETHING!

Tim has taken off today. He's been playing ball outside with the kids this afternoon. It's been sunny most of the day but some dark clouds are gathering now.

As he is off Monday (May Day) as well, I'm hopeful that by the time he needs to go back to work I'll be able to manage okay on my own!

He's planning to take the kids to the park for a little while. A documentary movie called "Miss Austen Regrets" was on recently and Tim downloaded it to the laptop last night so I think I'll watch it now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you're improving. What's the timescale on your recovery?

Where did you download "Miss Austen Regrets" from? We watched the end of it and liked it very much. I'd like to see the whole thing.

Anonymous said...

The doctor didn't say specifically; I read it's often at least a few weeks, but it depends on how damaged it is.

Right now I am burning up with a bad headache. I think it's my flu thing playing up... ugh!

We downloaded "Miss Austen Regrets" from the BBC iPlayer at: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/

I thought it was rather gloomy at the end overall. The book I read called "Just Jane" had her end up much more content and happy with her unmarried state. I wonder which version is closer to the truth?