Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Improving!

4:15 p.m. - Ahhh, a chance to rest a bit & write while eating a snack...

So far, today hasn't been as bad as the previous 3 days. It's felt soooo good to get more done than just the basics, and now I'm hopeful I can go to the Campaigners' parents night tonight!

In the morning I did devotions & Bible reading with the boys. Then as we did Math, I did some sewing as there was (drum roll) actually no ironing to do! It was good to get some sewing done. I still have some left. Need to tackle that the next iron-less day, God willing.

I did some more laundry & the dishwasher and made eggs for the kids' lunch. By then, about 1:30, I was feeling very tired, that familiar wobbly-legs feeling with sorer throat. I resigned myself to laying down, but was surprised to find that I didn't actually need to nap, that about 20 minutes of resting helped enough.

I was able to sit up then in bed and Isaiah, then Peter took turns reading to me while snuggling next to me. (Ahhh... I love that.)

After that I had enough strength to get up & get more chores done! Hurray! I tackled the boys' room for a while with Peter. He had been doing a lot of tidying in it today as it was his mess, but I got him to agree to give a few toys to charity (that they never play with anymore) and throw away other things (like cardboard Lego boxes) and tidied up further. It's not quite there but almost...

I also did more laundry and vacuumed the downstairs!

Now I've got to get dinner; thankfully it's easy as I'm feeling a bit tired now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mary! Glad to hear that things are a bit better. Sounds like you're getting lots done!

I was watching the Discovery Health channel and saw a gal who has symptoms similar to yours who, after a diagnosis of PCOS, many doctor visits, including doctors who should have caught it, was finally diagnosed with Hashimotos thyroiditis, and made well. Not necessarily relevant to you, but I thought I'd mention it.

Must run and eat lunch!

Anonymous said...

Yes, praise God, I rejoice in getting anything done that I can!

That's interesting about the Hashimoto's thyroiditis - it sounds different from hypothyroidism. My thyroid itself has been tested, and came back as normal, but what exactly was tested I'm not sure. The TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone) is what is out of synch if you have Hashimoto's - I presume that's what they measured but I should ask to be sure. I don't want to overlook anything.

I'm planning to see an endocrinologist May 14th - hoping that this will help me in getting to the bottom of what's wrong. I am sure that this visit will probably involve thyroid testing.

Please pray that the endocrinologist has wisdom!

Have a great day!