I talked to Mom just now. Things are pretty critical with Sharon. (Mom's been sleeping at home during the nights while Dad stays with Sharon. Dad's been taking off of work; he plans to stay with Sharon each night and then Mom takes over during the days.)
Sharon is in ICU [Intensive Care Unit] in a very good children's hospital. They found out her blood pressure was very low, and have that raised artificially, and her kidneys were failing because of dehydration, but they've got that sorted with lots of fluids. The pain in her legs was dehydration too, so that's gone now. They've got 3 different antibiotics going at once. Just previously, the erysidoron had helped her throat and cleared up her infected lung. They're doing lots of testing to find out what's wrong, as they're not sure it is scarlet fever.
But she is in very critical condition. The bacteria are making her veins leak fluid, so she has lots of swelling all over and has had lack of feeling in her hands (though the feeling has come back somewhat). Her veins tend to collapse which is worrying as she needs everything through the veins. It is very difficult to keep the needles inside of the veins, and they're constantly worried that the veins will become too hard to work with. They would like to get a line to her heart, to get things into her system faster but haven't been able to. They are still waiting on all the test results.
We are all really worried. Thank you so much for your prayers! More updates as I get them, God willing!
As for me... today's pretty discouraging. I started erysidoron this morning, but I was so tired I had to sleep all morning and my throat's sorer today. I only seem to be worse today! I don't know what's going on! I am to get a throat swab & blood tests in about an hour (Tim is back from work now & he's to take me in).
Thanks again for all your prayers!
Sharon is in ICU [Intensive Care Unit] in a very good children's hospital. They found out her blood pressure was very low, and have that raised artificially, and her kidneys were failing because of dehydration, but they've got that sorted with lots of fluids. The pain in her legs was dehydration too, so that's gone now. They've got 3 different antibiotics going at once. Just previously, the erysidoron had helped her throat and cleared up her infected lung. They're doing lots of testing to find out what's wrong, as they're not sure it is scarlet fever.
But she is in very critical condition. The bacteria are making her veins leak fluid, so she has lots of swelling all over and has had lack of feeling in her hands (though the feeling has come back somewhat). Her veins tend to collapse which is worrying as she needs everything through the veins. It is very difficult to keep the needles inside of the veins, and they're constantly worried that the veins will become too hard to work with. They would like to get a line to her heart, to get things into her system faster but haven't been able to. They are still waiting on all the test results.
We are all really worried. Thank you so much for your prayers! More updates as I get them, God willing!
As for me... today's pretty discouraging. I started erysidoron this morning, but I was so tired I had to sleep all morning and my throat's sorer today. I only seem to be worse today! I don't know what's going on! I am to get a throat swab & blood tests in about an hour (Tim is back from work now & he's to take me in).
Thanks again for all your prayers!

2 comments:
Thanks for the update. We will continue to pray!
Did you get a strep test today?
Thanks for your continued prayers, Danielle. I got some throat swabs & blood tests yesterday - the swabs to cover any type of bacteria and the blood tests are a full spectrum. If anything grows they plan to find out what it is and then match the best antibiotic. Blood results due to come back Tues., the swab results the end of the week. I am still extremely tired and sore throat/achey... may God in His mercy enable this to be better soon!!
How are you all??
Lots of love,
Mary
Post a Comment