It’s a cold, cloudy day – very common the last 6 weeks. I’m eating a spinach-and-chicken-and-caesar-dressing salad while Bethan, Oisin and the kids watch “Transformers.”
It’s been a discouraging day… yesterday & today so far I’ve had mild depression off & on, been very tired, and my left knee has started to hurt more & more. It now hurts a fair bit to walk (although thankfully I still can, unlike when I was about 20 and had to be on crutches for 3 months!!), and even pulses a bit as I’m sitting down. I think it must be the stress of the adjustment to getting off the antidepressant (still!!) and possibly the adjustment to getting up around 6:00 the past three mornings as Tim needs to get in early to work to beat the traffic.
Monday was Tim's first day. He’s been on lots of training courses and learning about the new position they want to give him. An older guy there is their only guy who knows a lot about research & development, and they realize they need to have someone else to know all about it too, so they’ve chosen Tim to be that guy!
I’ve been adjusting emotionally to having him gone all day (instead of being back for lunch), and for longer overall as he has to leave so much earlier. The tiredness doesn’t help. The days seem so much longer & harder right now. I feel a bit like someone stuck in a prison, both because of the longer day and also the frequent cloudiness. I long for spring, warmth, going places, flowers!! Will it ever come again??
Tim’s been adjusting to the longer drive there & back; one day it took 40 minutes to get home because of traffic. He can’t leave work any earlier than 4:30, but the closer he gets to 4:30 the better time he makes (yesterday he got home in 27 minutes, partly also because he found a better route!).
Please pray my knee, tiredness and mood improve soon!

1 comment:
Sorry to hear you're feeling down. We've got a bit of the midwinter blues ourselves, and are still dealing with sicknesses. Think of it this way, in just a week the days will start getting longer again!
It's a bummer that Tim's workday is longer but great that he's going to have such an interesting and important role. A 40 minute commute would be considered wonderful in the DC area, though I know people here aren't used to driving so much. Two hour commutes each way are not uncommon there, since housing is so unaffordable closer in. At least he can leave early.
Hope you feel better soon!
Post a Comment