A prayer request for Tim's dad. Soon after I went to America he fell twice in a few days; thankfully nothing was broken but his legs had suddenly gotten too weak to walk well. Soon after, they took him to the hospital and he's been there since, getting scans and tests to check that there was no cancer, heart attack, etc. causing the weakness. All of these tests have come back negative, thankfully, but he still hasn't made much progress in walking (they've been trying to work with him) and his incontinence is worse. Tim says he can tell that his dad's memory is getting a little patchy in places, when he talks to him on the phone, though in general his mind is still very good for 90 years old! He can still read his large print Bible each day. Our biggest concern at the moment is a bad cough that has started over the weekend. They are supposed to X-ray his chest to investigate a cause as he doesn't seem to have an ordinary cold.
It’s hard to think that he will probably never ever come for a visit to our house again.
They have decided he can’t come home ever again; Tim’s mom couldn’t cope anymore looking after him, esp. with him in even worse condition; it was hard enough for her before.
She is trying to get a nursing home lined up for him.
Thanks so much for your prayers both for Tim's dad & his job!!
5 comments:
Welcome back! I am so glad you had a lovely time with your family. I am sorry that Tim's dad is not well, I will keep him in my prayers.
Mary - glad to know you are back in the country but really saddened to hear your news about Tim's job and his father. Send Tim's family our love when you speak to them next - we haven't forgotten their kindness to us. I'm sure it is really hard to settle back to normality after such a lovely long spell of holidays with family - I'll be thinking and praying for you. Hope to speak to you/ see you soon! Paulinexx
Karen, for some reason I didn't get this note forwarded to my e-mail so I didn't know I got it. Sorry therefore for not responding till now! Thanks so much for your prayers.
Pauline, I didn't get e-mail notification of your comment as I used to - so I didn't know you'd written one! But I think I've fixed it now... hopefully.
I will pass on your love to Tim's family, thanks!
Yes, I'd LOVE to see you soon!! Maybe during these next few weeks when Tim doesn't have to work? (He starts his new job on the 10th of Dec.)
The reason I'm replying so late is I couldn't get to sleep... but now I'm feeling sleepy, so hopefully!!
Post a Comment