We had highs and lows with potty training today. Elizabeth did her first #2 in the doggy potty, receiving cheers and claps and praise from me & the boys, but then refused to pee in the potty the rest of the day, choosing to do so instead in her diaper - or, when I removed it, on the carpet. She soon learned the consequences, and I can only hope she'll go back to liking the potty again...!! Now she's at her nap, and dinner should be finished soon...
I'm pleased with all I got done this week. As the week went by my energy increased. Now my cold is almost gone, praise God!
Today has been overcast with a constant light rain. Apparently there were some thunderstorms while we were gone that cut off power to about 3000 people in Northern Ireland. Thunder is rare here, so this was very unusual! I think it must have to do with the hot spell here (not as hot as England, but still more than usual I think).
Better go finish the dinner... bye for now... and I really do plan to do England very soon...!
Friday, August 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Hey mary! How are you? I am replying to your post on Xanga. My trip to see Jordan was awesome, as always. Yeah I got a job! My first 'real' job. It's going pretty darn awesome aswell. I work for Mr Turner. He is away on vaction so I can't go back till this coming monday. I get paid $7 dollers a hour, above minimum wage too. I gotta go, jordan wants to play over the internet with me, cya l8er!
Isn't it funny how they can go from liking the potty to hating it? What sort of consequences do you give? I've always been low key about accidents at the beginning and just put them back into diapers as a consequence. Once they get used to not having a diaper, they usually hate the feeling enough to stay dry. At this point I have to pin Mairead down with my leg in orderto get one on.
Thanks for your comments about the house. You can come over any time!
Kevin is iffy on the homeopathic stuff because it's medication, and he'd rather find a non-medicated solution. We were using a book that uses imaging techniques with some success, but it takes 40 min to read it aloud, and Aidan isn't up to the reading level. We do have pull-ups, but in the heat they can get pretty unpleasant smelling.
Have a good evening!
Elizabeth suddenly is doing really well potty-training today (Sat.) I was expecting a big psychological difficulty, because I'd decided that she was afraid of the potty after doing that #2 in it yesterday, when to my amazement she went of her own accord (including #2's), without any reminders from me, all day and stayed dry for about 10 hours! Wow. I hope she keeps this up!!!!
I think Aidan will probably just natually improve the older he gets. Peter still wets pull-ups at night from time to time, but it's getting less the older he gets. Thankfully we're not so warm that it smells bad! I just put it right in the scented nappy wrapper bin in the morning!
Bye for now & have a great rest of the day & Lord's Day!
Hey, Michael! It's great to hear from you! Glad your trip went so well.
What sort of things are you doing with your new job? How many hours a day/week do you tend to work? Wow, $7 an hour is pretty good!! That's more than I made an hour at ol' Chick Fil A!
Love you lots!
Hi,Mary!!
Well, I started tonight on reading your blog from the "bottom", and got this far! I'll try to "finish" it before we leave Wed for Charleston and Charlotte. Looking forward to reading about England!
All the accounts of laundry made me remember that way back somewhere on your blog the topic of "ironing' came up. I meant to write on that one! Most people don't anymore, but I love the crisp look of newly ironed clothes. I still iron lots and lots. Well, goodnight, it's late and I'm off to bed!
Thanks for reading he cheesecake site, and btw, my Arbonne business is going well--- I have several new interested people, and one definite business person under me, and a couple more interested.
Love and hugs! Mom
Hey, Mom!
Great to get all your comments! Yeah, dress shirts & trousers are still wrinkled even when coming out of the dryer. I love the look of freshly-ironed clothes too. I'm getting faster & faster and can whip through the clothes pretty quick. I just need to be more consistent with it so they don't pile up...
Wow! Glad Arbonne's going so well now. I've found a company here (from Cornwall) that I really like so far called Pure Nuff Stuff. Their stuff is completely natural (use apple cider vinegar as their cleansing agent) but not too many ingredients so they can keep the prices down. :)
Post a Comment