I feel pretty tired this morning as we got carried away watching part of the replay of the England World Cup match last night (football here, or soccer US). Yesterday I was pretty good energy-wise... in the afternoon walked to the post office with the kids, which is about two blocks away, so it was good exercise and it was fun to have a look into other people's gardens as we passed. I love to get i
deas. Most of the gardens just had a few plants here and there, but I want my front garden to be full of plants! There are some roses in the front garden, but they're not bushes or rambling roses, which is what I prefer. I love roses climbing over walls and arches, and rose bushes towering as high as my head!After we got back I dug more of the border in our front garden so it's really starting to look neat & tidy. Last night I shopped for the week at Tesco while Tim took his bike downtown to get something fixed.
Wednesday I didn't get much done because I was so tired. :( Now I feel like I'm going to need to lay down a bit because I'm too tired to even concentrate on writing any more! Sometimes I wonder if I eat enough... I definitely don't feel like eating any more carbs, though. More protein? I don't know... some days I feel fine on what I'm eating; other days I feel hungry about every two hours. Now I feel hungry and drained just after eating two eggs & a little bread. Is it the tiredness making me hungry? Is it hormonal? I also have been feeling dizzy lately if I stand up after bending down, and just now as I sit here! Strange. I know my iron levels are fine though. In fact they tend to be at the high end. Well enough rambling, and even though it's frustrating, I am going to have to lie down. No more going to bed late!!

12 comments:
Hi Mary,
For a healthy snack try some yogurt, not the ones with artificial Sweeteners. I usually get really hungry in the afternoon between lunch and dinner, and it's a great way make my stomach happy. Yogurt is also very beneficial for women in particular! =)
Well, I hope you can catch a nap and feel rested. =) I'll talk to you soon!
Forgot to mention that dizziness can be caused by too much caffeine, even a cup of coffee can do that to me. When I was at Clemson, I was studying for exams and I had two "Red Bulls". The next morning I woke up and had a back out. I had to walk in complete darkness (with my eyes open) back to my bed. It was pretty scary. Hopefully, that's all it is with your dizzinees, if not I would talk to a doctor.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Aw! I hope you feel better soon Mary! Yeah, it sudenly rained here too, after a long hot spell. Tell Tim, and the little angles I said Hi, and I love them all.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Holly,
Thanks for your comments! I do eat yogurt, but I can't usually eat it on its own without some protein. That's how bad I am! Boy, that is scary what happened with you! It's funny how people react differently to different foods. Tim does fine on Red Bull (he drinks it sometimes if he's sleepy while driving). I haven't been able to have any caffiene since a few years ago when I would have panic attacks after having it (whereas before that I tolerated it fine). Crazy! I'll keep an eye on things though. I managed to make it without a nap. I had dinner for lunch and that seemed to really help my energy levels in the afternoon (Tim comes home for lunch). I think I'll try to do that as often as I can. Thanks for your advice though & it's great talking to you!
Thanks, Michael. I did feel better in the afternoon and evening, esp. this evening. Often it is that way: I feel most tired in the mornings and best in the evenings. Strange!!
Glad you got rain too. Bye!
Good to see you on Mary's blog, Michael!
Wow, yogurt affects you that much? Do all dairy products? How about plain, whole milk yogurt?
I tried to make strawberry jam with stevia, but it's really more of a syrup. It tastes excellent with yogurt. Just like store bought, only without the sugar.
I love the idea of roses and anything that climbs, honeysuckle, clematis etc.
Danielle,
Yogurt just affects me a bit if I don't have protein with it - although I have to admit, I do put a little maple syrup in it. I use plain, bio-active organic yogurt. I guess I could try it without the syrup & see but I suspect I would still need some protein (even just a little piece of cheese can often be enough). Caffiene & sugar would affect me the worst - panic attacks, shaking, nausea, etc. That's why I haven't touched them in ages!!
There's no common effect with dairy - it just depends on how much protein I'm eating. Yogurt would affect me less than milk; cheese would not affect me at all.
I also love grapefruit in yogurt. Grapefruit is supposed to be really good for blood sugar problems and it certainly helps me a lot - although I still can't eat it just on its own. Almost any other fruit doesn't sit well with me anymore!
I'm the same way as you with climbers - I love them. I love to feel surrounded with beautiful flowers - pergolas, arbors, big rose bushes, etc.!
Tim's family is over today for Elizabeth's 2nd birthday. :)
Hope you have a great weekend!
Hi Mary
I hope you don't mind, Naomi passed on your blog details. I thought it would be a good way to keep in touch since I don't have a car anymore! Talk soon
Karen
Hey, Karen! Good to see you on my blog. I had e-mailed the blog address to you a few days ago; maybe somehow it didn't get through. Are you having any problems getting e-mails?
Yeah, it's a shame we can't get together more often. Hopefully soon I'll be able to start driving lessons... I've just been waiting till things settle down more hormonally (in God's mercy). I don't want to take on such a stressful enterprise just yet!!
Hope you have a great weekend!
I'm curious about the protein with sugars. I thought it was fat that kept blood sugar from spiking. Does protein also? Usually I'm fine if I have fat with my sugars, which is why I can have ice cream without feeling bad.
I didn't touch the cake last night, and I was quite glad that I didn't. We had a luncheon at church today and I passed on dessert there as well. But if my mom has ice cream tomorrow, I think I'll allow myself some.
Hey, Danielle! Well done with the cake. :)
From what I can remember reading, and from my own experience, protein definitely helps stablise blood sugar. I cannot eat icecream, even high-fat & low sugar types. With you, however, it would be different... just fat might be enough in some cases, as your blood sugar isn't as sensitive as mine.
Most protein foods I eat have fat too, of course, such as peanut butter and cheese. And I don't seem to be able to tolerate refined sugar at all even with protein. I would say both fat and protein help blood sugar stability.
The best time for me to have yogurt with maple syrup is after dinner; it doesn't affect me then whereas it would with a smaller meal. The strange thing is, the more I cut carbs the more sensitive I get to them! Sometimes it scares me and I think, will I eventually hardly be able to eat any carbs? Hopefully my body will come to some kind of balance!
Post a Comment